Terms of Service
Updated as of January 2023
Thank you for choosing KNow Research, LLC (“KNow Research,” “Company,” or “we,” “us” and “our”) for your business. The Company provides full-service, female-driven, insights consultancy on the front lines of research, delivering fresh insights through custom qualitative research design. The Company refers to the foregoing products and/or services herein collectively as “Services.”
Effective Date. This Agreement is effective (“Effective Date”) on the date you first access or use the Services and/or the Website, whichever is earlier.
Fees. Upon notice to you, the Company may increase any fees specified in connection with its Services. Fees do not include any taxes, levies, duties or similar governmental assessments of any nature, including, for example, value-added, sales, use or withholding taxes, assessable by any jurisdiction (collectively, “Taxes”). You are responsible for paying all Taxes associated with purchases and transactions under this Agreement.
Termination. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to the Website and/or Services if you violate these Terms of Service or for any reason or no reason at any time. We may also suspend your access to the Services and/or Website if you: (a) have violated the terms of these Terms of Service, any other agreement you have with the Company; (b) pose an unacceptable credit or fraud risk to us or Users; (c) provide any false, incomplete, inaccurate, or misleading information or otherwise engage in fraudulent or illegal conduct; or (d) for any other reason in the Company’s sole discretion.
However, we will not be liable to you for compensation, reimbursement, or damages in connection with your use of the Services, or in connection with any termination or suspension of the Services. Any termination of these Terms of Service does not relieve you of any obligations to pay any Fees or costs accrued prior to the termination and any other amounts owed by you to us, as provided in these Terms of Service.
Fees/Payment Processing. You authorize us to process payment(s) for the Services, using the payment information you have supplied. Specifically, you will be required to provide payment by ACH transfer, bank wire, or check to the Company. You agree to provide the Company with accurate and complete information about you and/or your business.
The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion (but not the obligation), to: (i) place on hold any payment and out of pocket expenses; and/or (ii) refund or provide credits.
If you believe a payment has been processed in error, you must provide written notice to the Company within thirty (30) days after the date of payment specifying the nature of the error and the amount in dispute. If notice is not received by the Company within such thirty (30) day period, the payment will be deemed final and valid.
The Company is not liable for any losses relating to chargebacks, fraudulent charges, or other actions by any User that are deceptive, fraudulent or otherwise invalid. By using the Services, you hereby release the Company from any liability arising from fraudulent actions. You will also use best efforts to promptly notify the Company of any fraudulent actions which may affect the Services. The Company reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the access of any User that engages in, or enables any other User to engage in, fraudulent actions.
While the Company takes what it believes to be reasonable efforts to ensure secure transmission of your information to the third-party ￼service provider that assesses and processes payment(s), the Company is not responsible for any fees or charges assessed by third party service providers, or any errors in the processing of payment(s) by third party service providers, including any errors that result from third-party negligence, improper transmission of payment information, your mistaken submission of payment information, or your submission of erroneous payment information. Your sole recourse is with the third-party service provider which processed the payment(s).
Links to this Website. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to create hyperlinks to the Website and/or Services, so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any trademarks, (b) the links and the content on your website do not suggest any affiliation with the Company or cause any other confusion, and (c) the links and the content on your website do not portray the Company or its products or Services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party or are otherwise objectionable to the Company. The Company reserves the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Website and/or Services for any reason, in its sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third party.
In addition, any trademarks, service marks and logos associated with a third-party offering may be the property of the third-party provider, and you should consult with their trademark guidelines before using any of their marks.
Any information and data that you submit to the Website or in connection with the Services must not violate the intellectual property rights of third parties.
No Submission of Unsolicited Ideas and/or Materials. In your communications with the Company, please keep in mind that we do not seek any unsolicited ideas or materials for products or services, or even suggested improvements to products or services, including, without limitation, ideas, concepts, inventions, or designs for music, websites, apps, books, scripts, screenplays, motion pictures, television shows, theatrical productions, software or otherwise (collectively, “Unsolicited Ideas and Materials”). Any Unsolicited Ideas and Materials you post on or send to us via the Website are deemed User Content and licensed to us as set forth below. In addition, Company retains all of the rights held by members of the general public with regard to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials. The Company’s receipt of your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials is not an admission by the Company of their novelty, priority, or originality, and it does not impair the Company’s right to contest existing or future intellectual property rights relating to your Unsolicited Ideas and Materials.
DMCA Notice. The Company will respond appropriately to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), as set forth below. If you own a copyright in a work (or represent such a copyright owner) and believe that your (or such owner’s) copyright in that work has been infringed by an improper posting or distribution of it via the Service, then you may send us a written notice that includes all of the following:
(i) a legend or subject line that says: “DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice”;
(ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
(iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity is located that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (please include the URL of the Website on which the material appears);
(iv) your full name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
(v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner (or, if you are not the copyright owner, then your statement must indicate that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed); and
(vii) your electronic or physical signature.
The Company will only respond to DMCA Notices that it receives by mail, e-mail, or facsimile at the addresses set forth in the “Notice” section of this Agreement.
It is often difficult to determine if your copyright has been infringed. The Company may elect to not respond to DMCA Notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and the Company may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to its attention via notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
We may send the information that you provide in your notice to the person who provided the allegedly infringing work. That person may elect to send us a DMCA Counter-Notification.
Without limiting the Company’s other rights, the Company may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate a repeat infringer’s access to the Services, Website, and/or any other website owned or operated by the Company.
Counter-Notification. If access on the Website to a work that you submitted to the Company is disabled or the work is removed as a result of a DMCA Notice, and if you believe that the disabled access or removal is the result of mistake or misidentification, then you may send us a DMCA Counter-Notification to the addresses above. Your DMCA Counter-Notification should contain the following information:
(i) a legend or subject line that says: “DMCA Counter-Notification”;
(ii) a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (please include the URL of the Website from which the material was removed or access to it disabled);
(iii) a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
(iv) your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the username of your account;
(v) a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or, if the address is located outside the U.S.A., to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Central District of California), and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided DMCA notification to us or an agent of such person; and
(vi) your electronic or physical signature.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
If we receive a DMCA Counter-Notification, then we may replace the material that we removed (or stop disabling access to it) in not less than ten (10) and not more than fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notification. However, we will not do this if we first receive notice at the addresses above that the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice has filed a lawsuit asking a court for an order restraining the person who provided the material from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Service. You should also be aware that we may forward the Counter-Notification to the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice.
You are solely responsible for resolving disputes regarding ownership or access to your data, including those involving any current or former owners, co-owners, employees or contractors of your business. You acknowledge and agree that the Company has no obligation whatsoever to resolve or intervene in such disputes.
Disclaimer/No Warranties. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND/OR THIS WEBSITE.
THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND/OR THIS WEBSITE WILL BE SECURE, TIMELY, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT THE SERVICES ARE OR WILL REMAIN UPDATED, COMPLETE OR CORRECT, OR THAT THE SERVICES AND/OR WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICES AVAILABLE (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE INTERNET, OTHER TRANSMISSION NETWORKS, AND YOUR LOCAL NETWORK AND EQUIPMENT) WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
THE SERVICES AND ANY PRODUCTS AND THIRD PARTY MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND SOLELY FOR YOUR USE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS AGREEMENT.
ALL DISCLAIMERS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT) ARE MADE ON BEHALF OF BOTH THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “COMPANY PARTIES”).
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Company from and against any and all third party claims alleged or asserted against any of the Company, and all related charges, damages and expenses (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from or relating to: (a) any actual or alleged breach of any provisions of these Terms; (b) any actual or alleged violation by you, an affiliate, or end user of the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of the Company or a third party; and (c) any dispute between you and another party regarding ownership of or access to your data or Personal Information submitted to the Company via its Website.
No Liability. THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSS CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED, BY THE TRANSMISSION OF FINANCIAL INFORMATION. THE EXCLUDED DAMAGES WILL INCLUDE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM FRAUD, EMBEZZLEMENT, THEFT, IDENTITY THEFT, OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY PARTIES’ AGGREGATE LIABILITY, COLLECTIVELY, FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE FEES PAID PRECEDING THE DATE OF THE INCIDENT. ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT) APPLY WITH RESPECT TO BOTH THE COMPANY AND THE COMPANY PARTIES.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWEVER CAUSED, OR FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR OPPORTUNITIES, COST OF DATA RECONSTRUCTION, COST OR PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICES OR THIRD PARTY OFFERINGS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, ANY INTERRUPTION, INACCURACY, ERROR OR OMISSION, EVEN IF THE COMPANY, ITS LICENSORS OR SUBCONTRACTORS HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES.
THE COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE BETWEEN USERS RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE THE COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND LICENSORS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES (ACTUAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, CONTINGENT OR LIQUIDATED, ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO ANY DISPUTE OR INTERACTIONS WITH ANY OTHER USER, WHETHER ONLINE OR IN PERSON, WHETHER RELATED TO THE PROVISION OF SERVICES OR OTHERWISE.
THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
Choice of Law. These Terms of Service and the relationship between you and the Company shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Informal Dispute Resolution. We want to address your concerns without needing a formal legal case. Before filing a claim against the Company, you agree to try to resolve the Dispute informally by contacting email@example.com. We’ll try to resolve the Dispute informally by contacting you through email. If a dispute is not resolved within 15 days after submission, you or the Company may bring a formal proceeding.
- We Both Agree To Arbitrate. You and the Company agree to resolve any Disputes through final and binding arbitration, except as set forth under Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate below.
- Opt-out of Agreement to Arbitrate. You can decline this agreement to arbitrate by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of first accepting these Terms of Service and stating that you (include your first and last name) decline this arbitration agreement.
- Arbitration Procedures: The American Arbitration Association (AAA) will administer the arbitration under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes. The arbitration will be held in San Francisco, California, or any other location we agree to.
- Arbitration Fees. The AAA rules will govern payment of all arbitration fees. The Company will pay all arbitration fees for claims less than $75,000. The Company will not seek its attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines that your claim is frivolous.
- Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate. Either you or the Company may assert claims, if they qualify, in small claims court in San Francisco (CA) or any United States county where you live or work. Either party may bring a lawsuit solely for injunctive relief to stop unauthorized use or abuse of the Company’s products or the Company Service, or infringement of intellectual property rights (for example, trademark, trade secret, copyright or patent rights) without first engaging in arbitration or the informal dispute-resolution process described above.
- No Class Actions. You may only resolve Disputes with the Company on an individual basis, and may not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action. Class arbitrations, class actions, private attorney general actions, and consolidation with other arbitrations aren’t allowed under this Agreement.
- Judicial Forum for Disputes. In the event that the agreement to arbitrate is found not to apply to you or your claim, you and the Company agree that any judicial proceeding (other than small claims actions) will be brought in the federal or state courts of San Francisco County, California. Both you and the Company consent to venue and personal jurisdiction there. We both agree to waive our right to a jury trial.
- Relationship of the Parties. This Agreement does not, and will not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and the Company.
- Severability. Should any provision of these Terms of Service be found invalid or unenforceable, the remaining terms shall still apply.
- Force Majeure. Neither Party will be liable for any failure or delay in performance under this Agreement (other than for delay in the payment of money due and payable hereunder) for causes beyond that Party’s reasonable control and occurring without that Party’s fault or negligence, including, but not limited to, acts of God, acts of government, flood, fire, civil unrest, acts of terror, strikes or other labor problems (other than those involving the Company’s or your employees, respectively), computer attacks (by government/nation entities or otherwise) or malicious acts, such as attacks on or through the Internet, any Internet service provider, telecommunications or hosting facility. Dates by which performance obligations are scheduled to be met will be extended for a period of time equal to the time lost due to any delay so caused.
- Electronic Communications and Signatures. You agree to the use of electronic communication in order to enter into agreements and place orders, and to the electronic delivery of notices, policies and records of transactions initiated or completed through the Services. Furthermore, you hereby waive any rights or requirements under any laws or regulations in any jurisdiction that require an original (non-electronic) signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, to the extent permitted under applicable law.